Saturday, April 24, 2010

behold the bag....

Finished in one week! I am very happy with the way this turned out and I am already thinking about the next one....
***No pattern I just cast on and crossed my fingers for a good result. I used two hanks and a hundred stitches (easy to remember) of cascade 220 -doubled-Judy Becker cast on so there is no seam. It is simple grocery bag construction. I knitted magic loop style till it got too big then then two circs then back to one plain ole in the round, once it got big enough.
On the lower third I added a stripe with fancy yarn called Ozark Opulent that I bought at Purl Soho-created by David Gentzsch--beautiful. made the whole bag imho. And for the top I did an applied I cord, ala Elizabeth Zimmerman-in red.
Hershey I am working in Smithhaven mall apple store-close to you? I do not have your email --please send- we could have lunch if you are in the area. Did you finish that stunning DJ???

2 comments:

hersheybar said...

this is gorgeous. Where did the pattern come from? LOVE it!

hugs
hersheybar

Joan said...

Hey that looks GREAT...I am sorry I must have missed a few postings - I will go look now...Nice to 'see' you again