Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Inklinko again or Jane Austen's birthday



I love Linda Franz. I really do. I have never met her, or her husband Russ- nor Monkey, her faithful companion, but I do love her. I love her for her mind. For her perfectionism, which translates into the perfect gem of a software application for quilters-machine or hand piecers. Each one of her publications is a thing of elegance and beauty which soothes my soul.
I have enjoyed poring over the latest addition to her repertoire, The Jane Austen Patchwork, which I bought today in honor of Jane Austen's birthday. I had been yearning for it and today was the perfect gray English damp day to download it and begin to read and print the pages that I want to use.
My biggest dilemna is which color way to choose....I have brights. I have taupes. I have florals and could cobble together a retro scrappy shabby chic...my most likely choice.
If you have never looked at her website, give yourself this gift in honor of Miss Austen. Allow yourself to download the free !!! 4.5 inch LeMoyne Star collection of shapes, just to whet your appetite for genius....I know you must be a little curious.
And, I have finished the Carolina Carolina Crossroads Mystery quilt from Bonnie Hunter's blog. I love Bonnie, too. As much as Linda is precise and genteel, Bonnie is fabulously footloose and fancy free. I am happy to know them both. What Abundance!
Else, Mike's mom, has left for Germany to spend Christmas with the European side of the family who reside there. I have not been much in the mood for festivity. I am enjoying knitting some small gifts. I am not cooking, but will dine at the tables of others this year. It will be nice to see every one.
My Mom's cousin Mary, and her husband Art, decorate (an understatement) their house every year and host a Christmas coffee for friends they have known for decades. This year the theme was angels. I leave you with some of the pictures I took of their wonderful collection. One of them, lol.
It is hard not to be merry at Mary and Art's.




3 comments:

Elly D said...

How wonderful Mary and Art's home is!! Fabulous Christmas collections... Thank you for sharing these pictures, I wish you peace for Christmas... Elly

Cyndi said...

Gorgeous pics, Martha. I wanted to get in touch with you and let you know I'm now a beginning quilter! I got (picked out myself) a 1948 Singer Featherweight for Christmas and have been enjoying making my first (sloppy) quilt top. Did you know about this site? http://grandmaskitchen.web-log.nl
She does cross stitch and quilting, too! Enjoy your holidays. We're going camping at Lake Mead for 2 weeks.

julieQ said...

Wow, what marvelous decorations! Thank you for sharing. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!