Wednesday, November 19, 2008

much ado about buttons



From the ordinary to the sublime, or at least sparkly. Shall I count this as a WIP to cross off my list?
bought these buttons at my for from local yarn store specifically for this jacket, a boiled wool llbean birthday gift from Mike's mom to me. A change in buttons gives a huge lift to this otherwise staid and somber jacket. Maybe I will add some cuffs as well, a ruffle here and there. Maybe not. Would likely clash with my fuscia gloves.
The picture does not do justice to the buttons.The centers are coral, rust and tan, and there are little robins egg blue beads along the outer edge. swoon.

3 comments:

Jody said...

Hi, Martha! Love the buttons--The jacket is now YOU!! Glad your foot is better, too.

Anonymous said...

The buttons are STRIKING!!! What a find.
Paulette

Shawnee said...

VERY nice buttons!