Friday, May 05, 2006

A Few Little Things

Here are the things I finished today.
And a poem which I wrote in my car this morning.

God traces a path through
the sightless dark, through
the pitiless cold
and timeless configurations

God brushes away doubt and
impassable obstacles and says
"Let there be love."

The title of the book I have used for machine embroidery is " Vanishing Act, Machine Embroidery on Soluble Fabrics" by Jan Beaney. It is a very good resource if you are interested in this kind of stuff. It was a gift from My Secret Pal. I have visited their web site(click on her name) and they have alot of really cool books there to look at.

6 comments:

dot said...

I like th epoem, thanks for sharing it with us.

dot said...

that should be poem.

Alena said...

thanks for lovely post... nice nice nice

Granny Fran said...

Gorgeous bowl, quards, and poem.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the poem and your Lovely work. Are you willing to share your method for the lace. I would love to use it for Birthday cards.

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

Hi Ladies,
thanks for you comments! The lace was made by using a free motion machine stitch over water soluble film and netting which was hooped and taped into the quilting hoop. The main thing to to be aware of is before you do any swirly stitching make sure you have created a straight line, or a grid, to sew over so the whole thing does not come apart when you take it off the hoop. Because I used a handquilting hoop, not a machine emboidery hoop, I had to take off the whole foot and needle to positon the material under the needle and put it back on once the hoop was in place.And the tape was wrapped around the hoop sticky side out in order to hold the material in place.