Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Treaures

www.brecklingpress.com

These are the things I carry with me. (that reminds me of a very powerful book about the Vietnam War, called'The Things They Carried" By Tim O' Brian.)
The green block is a cutwork pattern by Tilde Binger and the bird is part of a bigger pattern by Shirley Bloomfield. They are intended to be a part of a larger collection of four and a half inch blocks ala Jane that I am composing in my mind. In the mean time I have done six and have all the resources I need to make a couple hundred-thousand? more with no repeats.
The little sewing kit is a composite of designs by Kumiko Sudo
from her book "Kokoro no Te, Handmade Treasures from the Heart", and a Wild Thymes Pattern Co. pattern for a wool felted sewing kit #406. The ladies at the Applique Society meeting had another one of Kumiko Sudo's books about folded origami fabric flowers. Her books are treasures. grab them while you still can! I plan on using all of these resources again. In fact they are almost as addicting as small blocks. Also hidden in my kit is a small Kimono from her collection. I want to make them all!
Today at five I am going for my bi annual mamogram and sonogram, chasing dowwn the cysts that like to park in my boobs. Ususally what follows is removal and biopsy of these little buggers. I had four removed last year. As long as they keep getting them out before they turn nasty, I keep up the chase.For those of you who are so inclined , wish me good luck!

4 comments:

Hanne said...

Lovely blocks Martha :-) I hope your mamogram went well !

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Great treasures! Keep up the good fight, but hopefully your tests will show nothing to fight about today!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Anonymous said...

i just saw your note about the tote, and found your writing entertaining, so eventually i got to this entry about your mammogram, and i join the others in hoping you have good results.
ellen

Anonymous said...

Wishing you only good news today. I think boobs should disappear after they are no longer needed, or maybe just shrink to a decent size.